Sunday, July 29, 2012

World, meet Ryan Lochte

“This time,” Ryan Lochte said of his diamond-encrusted grillz teeth, “the diamonds are bigger so I can shine a little more.” 

Since 2004, Lochte has played Robin to Phelps’s Batman in the 200- and 400-meter I.M.s. He finished second to him in both events at the 2007 world championships and qualified behind Phelps in the 200 I.M. at the 2004 and 2008 United States Olympic trials. “I looked up at the scoreboard and they showed the crowd, they showed Michael, and I kind of smiled,” Lochte said.

It should be noted that Lochte was not wearing his diamond-encrusted grillz teeth at the time. That adornment came later, during the awards ceremony, when Lochte received the gold medal after making off with Phelps’s global mark. More here:

Hey Ryan, thanks for "representin'" America with your "grillz."  It makes me so proud.  Asshat.

No comments:

Post a Comment