This seems counter-productive to me. The Right blames the Left for destroying the Constitution and now the Left is blaming the Right? Maybe I'm missing something but both can't be correct on this one.
Here's another one I don't get. What is "wrong" with people paying the same "effective tax rate" as everybody else? The repercussions of no income tax were made obvious in the early part of the last century- the rich got richer and the poor got poorer and the richer the rich got, the more they abused their power. I get it that that's not good for the majority but the whole idea of increasing taxes to fix the deficit doesn't make any sense at all.
Modern politicians are the latest iteration of the robber-barons of the steel and railroad glory-days and nobody is watching them. Nobody.

4 comments:
Stewart must have forgotten to do the math on his own salary-he makes $41,000 per day himself.
Only in the mind of a lib is $57,000 per day "rich", and $41,000 per day "not rich".
Thank you, wamk. I was hoping someone would mention that inconvenient truth.
"The repercussions of no income tax?" The founding fathers didn't implement an income tax ... it must have slipped their minds.
Is an income tax supposed to stop the rich from getting richer? And how are these rich peeps getting so rich off the poor? Last time I asked a poor guy for money I didn't do so well.
Oh, and I agree about the politicians stealing us all blind.
Post a Comment