Yes folks -- here it is -- the call you've all been waiting for.
I found an online betting spot that was giving 2-1 odds against the Newtster (winning the Republican nomination) so I had to take a little of that action ($20 curp.) I'm not convinced he's got a "great" chance but I think he has a chance. I won't say more than this ... I think Newt would be better than Romney.
They were also offering odds on any Republican of +$135. Upon researching that I found it meant that you could bet $25 but you would win $33.75 (or bet $100 and win $135.)
By the way, they were giving 5/1 against Newt winning the Presidency. 5/1?
Yes, my friends, you think the election of 2010 was a landslide? I predict Obama is going to take a whoopin' at the polls in November ... Obama and all the "Democratic" asshats which have been stealing my money and freedom for as long as I can remember under the guise of "helpin' the workin' man."
Ever notice they can't help you without stealing "just a little" of your money and freedom. And if they can't quite help you with that they just need a little bit more. But it's never enough, is it? Answer? No. And I am convinced that, at long last, the American people are waking up to the fact the "Democratics" are NOT their friends.
Ok, here is my prediction. I predict that Obama is going to lose in the worst landslide in history for an incumbent. Herbert Hoover lost by 18% and Carter lost by 11% and I think those are the two worst. That means I'm predicting Obama to lose by 19% -- the WORST INCUMBENT DEFEAT IN HISTORY.
Actually, we all know better, don't we. We know it will be much closer than 19% ... but look at it this way, this will give you an easy way to say "WRONG, KLOWN." And I like to give you the opportunity every so often ... I'm generous that way.
Actually, we all know better, don't we. We know it will be much closer than 19% ... but look at it this way, this will give you an easy way to say "WRONG, KLOWN." And I like to give you the opportunity every so often ... I'm generous that way.
I had the rest of the historical election results (since 1900) listed here but I thought about it and figured you weren't that interested so I deleted the whole thing. You can click here if you're interested in that kind of thing.
Soooo, what are YOUR predictions? Go ahead and make them. The Klown's short memory and the natural humility of the reader combine to make an inviting atmosphere for making predictions with no repercussions.
(Note: Thanks to "The Dealer" for bringing an error on this post to my attention. I had originally said the odds for any Republican to win the Presidency was "-135" when it was actually supposed to be "+135." I have corrected it in the post above.)
Soooo, what are YOUR predictions? Go ahead and make them. The Klown's short memory and the natural humility of the reader combine to make an inviting atmosphere for making predictions with no repercussions.
(Note: Thanks to "The Dealer" for bringing an error on this post to my attention. I had originally said the odds for any Republican to win the Presidency was "-135" when it was actually supposed to be "+135." I have corrected it in the post above.)

5 comments:
That picture is so awesome, I'm going to chuckle all night! The flies, the ears, perfect!
I dislike Newt. I dislike Romney. I don't know which one I dislike more. I'd take Santorum, but I don't think he's taken seriously. None of us get who we really want. That's the way life is I guess.
Love the pic and I look forward to November!
I shall have an extra beer tonight at the fire to bless your prediction
Either Newt or Mitt will bring down the PREZ!
I am more concerned about "doing a great job versus getting the job"!
Here's what I would do if I got "the job".
1) Everybody pays 3% of earnings on every dollar
up to $25K
2) Above that, here are the measures; 5% up to $35K, 7% up to $55K, 9% up to $95K and 12% up to $150K and 15% for all above this mark.....
3) There should be "no personal write-offs" (home interest, charity or anything)
Establish a 2% sales tax on all items. Half goes to the U.S. Fed and half to the states.
Make all U.S. corporations "big or small" pay 2% of their annual revenues in tax. Make it 3-5% for corporations with revenues abroad.
Get rid of the current "tax code (abomination)" and have the IRS responsible for "only collecting" taxes.
Keep all future (currently under 55) qualified Social Security recipients on the current level and increase future SS benefits upon reaching 67 years of age.
Create a 2-term limit on all senators and congressmen and reduce their pensions/benefits to one-half of their current salaries.
Reduce unemployment benefits to 3 months.
Reduce Federal, State, County and Local government staff and costs by 25% (with exception, the military/defense).
That's it.
Maximum Cheesestone
Thanks for the thoughtful post, Maximum.
Although I agree that your solution would be vastly superior to what we have now, I have to take issue with much of it. Some examples:
1 - You should never tax income, you should tax spending (if you're going to have a tax at all.) This in itself encourages savings and savings are critical to economic well-being.
2 - I would not tax the poor (within 10% of the poverty level.) I know there are arguments for it but I don't buy them.
3 - We should never be in the position of doing annual tax returns as individuals. ESPECIALLY when nobody understands the thousands and thousands of new tax code pages every year.
4 - Term limits restrict my freedom and I object to that.
5 - There should be zero federal government involvement in unemployment insurance. it should be left to the states/counties/etc. I can just see the founders now "what should we "do" about unemployment insurance?" Sheesh. I want the federal government to STOP "doing" things. That's right, I want a "do nothing" congress (after we get our freedoms back, of course.)
6 - "Allow people" to be in Social Security if they want to but allow people to be free if they want to be free ... how's that? I love how we have to argue about "allowing people." I mean, who are YOU (the government) to "allow me" a gd thing? Are you my slave-master? I want the government to leave me the hell alone.
Post a Comment