Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hey, I didn't know that


So Mexico has a state named "Tabasco."  We should be friends with them because we have a hot sauce named "Tabasco."  What a strange coinkydink.

I looked at that map and wondered "How many states does Mexico have?"

Answer?  31 states and a separate "Federal District."

I also wondered what the names of the other states were and if we have any other stuff named after Mexican states ... turns out, we do.  Here's the link to more info should you find yourself giving a damn.

Feel smarter now?  Don't thank me, it's what I do.

1 comment:

WOMBAT said...

More information doesn't make you smarter, it makes you more knowledgeable. If that information is useless though, it doesn't even make you more knowledgeable, it just makes you pedantic. But thanks for helpin'.

Post a Comment