Monday, December 13, 2010

"Stimulus" - very stimulating



WHO: The National Science Foundation

WHAT: Gave a $141,002 federal stimulus grant to Montana State University to fund a six-week, student trip to Hangzhou, China, to study dinosaur eggs and other fossils.

WHY IT'S AN OUTRAGE: The students found ample time to experience Chinese culture and explore on taxpayers' money, but the dinosaur eggs did not hatch any new jobs. From here:
Yes, it's quite a mystery why the "stimulus" didn't work.   Why, if I didn't know any better I'd say every time congress yells "STIMULUS," they really mean "FREE MONEY I CAN  GIVE TO MY BUDDIES AND MY CONSTITUENTS WILL THINK I'M DOING IT FOR THEIR OWN GOOD."

Ha ha, shut up you idiots.  It's not your money, it's the government's money.  Besides, it's just a "drop in the bucket."  Have you ever noticed that, according to intellectual geniuses libs, anything/everything government does is just a "drop in the bucket."  In other words, you need to realize you cannot do anything to stop the government from spending money ... the task is just too large.  That's right, you'd have to work from now 'till doomsday to stop even a millionth of all the "drops."  Therefore you should just give up.  You got that, you moron?  Why, you're an idiot for even THINKING you could make a difference. 

Now that I've brought you to your senses, let me also remind you that all spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives.  Did you get that?  I said ALL SPENDING BILLS MUST ORIGINATE IN THE HOUSE.  Lucky for you the intellectual geniuses Democratics have been in charge of the congress for most of the last century.  The spreadsheet below is a visual representation of the last sixty years or so and which party has been in control of congress.  Here's how it looks.  The blue is control by actual intellectual geniuses Democratics and the red is control by idiot Republicans who only THINK they're intellectual geniuses Democratics.


Remember, when a party controls congress and they "implement" a program, they try to institutionalize the program.  That is to say, they get to give all their buddies jobs in the new program and they give those jobs to people who share their same political viewpoints.  Every new program gives congress more power to hand out cushy, well paying, government jobs.  This is one of the main things congress does and one of the main reasons people seek congressional office.

Institutionalizing also means most of these programs continue to grow every year without any further voting from congress (so they don't have to be accountable to voters.)  That's right, they automatically get more and more and more money every year ... you know ... just like you do in your paycheck.  That's "normal" so stop  bitching.  You think Social Security and Medicare are growing now?  You've seen nothing.  Wait until you get a load of health care.

Oh well, at least we're getting a good return from the NEA/Teachers unions.  Just LOOK at the geniuses our schools are putting out ... makes me so proud.  And yet I notice that they're shocked every time one of these little Einsteins shows up with a shotgun and commences to  letting them reap what they've sown giving them what they deserve.  Ah, it's probably wrong to put all the blame on the teachers/schools ... we should put the blame where it really belongs ... on the tort system.  Teachers aren't allowed to discipline kids anymore, they'll be sued.  

They=the teacher, the school, the government, and anyone else a lawyer can possibly think of in order to maximize his profits.  Come to think of it, "BIG LAW" seems to be the only profit making entity the libs won't call "evil."  Wait, I can think of another one off the top of my head, "BIG RED GREEN."

While I'm thinking about "BIG LAW" my guess is that 99% of the stupid policies in your company  are in place to prevent being sued, am I right?  Have you ever heard "we do that because someone filed a lawsuit one time and it cost ... blah blah blah."

Anyway, the Republicans just won control of the house starting in January 2011.  Do you think they will make any changes?

Here are my thoughts.  What is the best predictor of future behavior? (Answer: past behavior.)  What is the recent history of Republicans?  (Answer: They spend like drunken Democratics.)

Therefore I will be surprised if they make any meaningful changes.  I think most of government has been institutionalized and I don't see the Republicans changing their current leadership therefore I don't see how these new freshmen in the house can make a bit of difference.

Now, if they get in there and start firing the current leadership asshats and replace them with some of the Tea Party freshmen, then yes, we'll get some change, but until then, no, we'll get more of the same.

My guess is the current leadership can't WAIT to get in there and start handing out jobs and contracts to all their favorite buddies.   Oh, also, let's not forget, WE GOTTA GO AFTER THOSE ABORTION PEEPS!!  NEVER MIND TORT REFORM ... GO GETCHER PITCHFORKS, WE GOTTA ENFORCE GOD'S WILL ... HE'S TOO BUSY TO DO IT HIMSELF ... THIS IS CRUCIAL GOVERNMENT BUSINESS!!!

1 comment:

Post a Comment