Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Klown still trying to get in the fight


So a few days ago I clicked on the "Volunteer Opportunities" button on Ilario Pantano's website (congressional candidate in my district.) A few days passed with no answer and I wrote about it in the blog a few posts below this one. (Still haven't had an answer.)

However, it looks like Wombat tried and got an answer (below.) I noted that Wombat used gmail. "Coincidentally" one of my emails was "kicked back" to the campaign due to someone entering my email address as Gmail instead of Hotmail. Seriously, these peeps need help.

Greetings!

As you can imagine, the campaign is running wide open and volunteer opportunities abound.

We need volunteers in the office at 2250 Shipyard Blvd, Suite 10, Wilmington, NC, Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm. Saturday hours are 9am-3pm. We also have opportunities outside of the office if you are interested.

Volunteers are needed for sign prep and distribution, phone calls, door to door precinct walks, direct mail prep, and hand addressing envelopes, just to name a few.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding volunteer opportunities.

Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Ok, this is a little over an hour's drive from my house so I probably won't be volunteering in the office ... but I probably wouldn't mind driving up there to pick up signs, literature to hand out, knocking on doors, etc etc.

Meanwhile ... "hand address" envelopes? Sure, just let me jump in the old Way-Back machine, Sherm. Have they heard of software that prints out addresses onto address labels? Perhaps not. Or, maybe they think that hand-addressing is classier? Anyway, I may be giving them a call shortly. I'll keep you posted. I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats.

By the way, if you live in North Carolina's 7th congressional district, and you want to volunteer, here's the info:

Campaign Phone 910-476-9783. Campaign email is info@pantanoforcongress.com.

1 comment:

WOMBAT said...

First of all, people are 100% more likely to open a handwritten envelope than a computer printed one if they don't recognize the sender.

Second of all, I received an email from these jokers yesterday. I have yet to visit NC and this isn't sufficient cause for me to do it now.

Post a Comment