Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jimmy Carter - Maybe It's Alzheimer's?

From an interview with the "very conservative" Brian Williams of NBC News.

I-- I feel that my role as a former president is probably superior to that of other presidents. Primarily because of the activism and the-- and the injection of working at the Carter Center and in international affairs, and to some degree, domestic affairs, on energy conservation, on-- on environment, and things of that kind. We're right in the midst of the-- of the constant daily debate.

And-- and-- and the Carter Center has decided, under my leadership, to fill the vacuums in the world. When-- when the United States won't deal with troubled areas, we go there and we meet their leaders who can bring an end to a conflict, or an end to human rights abuse, and so forth. So I-- I feel that have an advantage over many other former presidents in being involved in daily affairs that have shaped the policies of our nation and the world.

BRIAN WILLIAMS: And do you think you're treated differently because of that?

JIMMY CARTER: Yeah, sometimes. And I can understand that. For instance, we-- I just got back from a trip to North Korea. We haven't had a-- a day of peace talks with North Korea since 2009. And this is one of the-- needs in the global affairs, is to bring about denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, and also to have a permanent peace agreement between the United-- among the United States and-- South Korea and North Korea.

We go there. I go to Pyongyang. I meet with their leaders. I talk to them. I bring back their messages to the State Department and to the White House. And-- and I think we fill, you know, a legitimate need. But I can see how it makes sometimes the incumbent president uncomfortable to have me doing things of this kind, when political niceties don't let-- him or his administration do them.

BRIAN WILLIAMS: There goes Jimmy Carter again.

JIMMY CARTER: That's true.

BRIAN WILLIAMS: Yeah.

JIMMY CARTER: I know.

This POS still thinks that he matters, let alone that his presidency (or post presidency) even compares to those who followed?? His legacy will be of a gas crisis, 15% mortgage rates, and the inception of terrorism from the Middle East. May he just STFU. But I could be wrong

2 comments:

scot said...

Isn't he the guy who while giving away the Panama Canal also gave us modern Iran? I blame him for every act of terror since 1978. I even throw in McViegh and the Unibomber because I hate him so much. The only good thing that came out of that administration was Billy Beer and that sucked.

Evil_Klown said...

He used to be the worst ... presidink ... ever ... until Obama came along.

Post a Comment