Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I've Heard Worse Controllers

It's bring your kid to work day - bad idea methinks in this job.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Story (by Libs I say) here.

2 comments:

Evil_Klown said...

Ok, where do I start? First of all, these are VERY standard instructions to pilots. How do I put this ... the pilots are expecting (and waiting for) those exact words ... "routine" doesn't BEGIN to describe it.

Secondly, it sounded to me as if the pilots in question were warned in advance that the instructions would be coming from the kid and the pilots were encouraging him.

Third - I notice the previous fact completely escaped the "jourrrrnalists" reporting on the "incident." I mean how brain-dead do you have to be before you don't pick up on this?

The Klown calls bullshit on the harsh treatment of the controllers involved. The only people who are appalled by this are the non-cognoscenti who are still mystified (and scared witless) by flying.

A is A said...

Yes - except these were "heavys". Funny at Podunk Field with 172's and maybe a Bonanza - I still call bad idea. But I'm just a tyro pilot.

Post a Comment