Sunday, January 10, 2010

Say goodbye, jackass



More than half of Nevadans are unhappy with Sen. Harry Reid, according to a new poll commissioned by the Las Vegas Review-Journal. It's the worst "unfavorable" rating he's received in the newspaper's surveys for this year's election, and it comes amid quiet speculation -- or perhaps wishful thinking by his opponents -- that it's time for the Nevada Democrat to retire rather than lose re-election.

In response, Reid told the Review-Journal Friday he wouldn't consider stepping aside as did Sen. Chris Dodd of Connecticut, whose announcement this week prompted rumors that the Senate majority leader might think about ending his political career now that he's the most vulnerable incumbent.

"I am absolutely running for re-election," said Reid, 70, in a statement. "These are difficult times for Nevada and as the majority leader of the Senate I have been able to take action to address those challenges. But I know there is more work to do to turn our state's economy around and create jobs and I am committed to seeing it through." More here:

Good, Harry.  I'm glad to see you're going to run again.  It will give me much more pleasure to see you get your ass trounced rather than admit defeat and retire.  I might even stay up late to watch the election results.  Yep, nice bowl of popcorn and one of the very few sodas I drink during the year sounds good ... I'm already making plans.

Come to think of it, this election promises such great entertainment, it might be a great night to sit out at Weezer's place, put the TV in the window, have a fire, and consume some adult beverages.

4 comments:

A is A said...

When's the last time this decrepit jackhole actually did something for his own constituents? He's so wrapped up in being "Majority Dumbass", the people who voted for him probably get to talk to him once every six years. After his dissing of the "Chosen One", this doofus is destined to be a dealer at a $2 blackjack table.

Anonymous said...

Do they let crooks deal blackjack?

ragweed said...

I may join you by the fire

weezer said...

please do consider an invitation extended for the event

Post a Comment