Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oceans really heating up now

Bleached coral like this specimen are becoming more common as sea temperatures warm. Experts say carbon dioxide absorbed by oceans is adding additional stress to coral and other organisms by making the water more acidic.

MSNBC
Waters along North America's Pacific coast are becoming more acidic, posing a threat to marine life, federal scientists reported Friday — adding that while that fits global warming scenarios, no one had expected the acidification to happen so soon. That's because you idiots couldn't predict your way out of a wet crystal ball, jackasses.

"We did not expect to see this extent of ocean acidification until the middle to the end of the century," said study co-author Chris Sabine.

"Our results show for the first time that a large section of the North American continental shelf is impacted by ocean acidification," the experts wrote in the study published in the peer-reviewed journal Science.

"As sea temperatures warm" -- LMAO. Sure, I buy it. Baaaaa - Bleat - I mean, uh -- Taaaaaax me - Taaaaaax me.

Yes -- I did add this to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment