From WNBC.com

Queens Boy: 'Daddy, I Think I Got Shot'
By John Noel
NEW YORK -- The father of an 11-year-old boy said he was coming down the stairs of his home Sunday night as his 11-year old son was coming upstairs, blood coming out of his mouth.
"Daddy, I think I got shot," the boy said, according to his father.
Moments earlier, Tyshaun Falconer had been shot once in the chest after answering the door at his home in the Springfield Gardens section of Queens.
The boy told his father the gunman asked for his older brother, 16-year-old Tony Falconer, and before he could answer, fired a single shot.
The father, also named Tony, said about a month ago someone shot one of his older son's friends and suspects Sunday night's incident might be connected.
When taken to L.I. Jewish Medical Center, Tyshaun was first listed in very critical condition. He has since been upgraded to stable and his father said the boy was able to give police a description of his shooter.
Police said they didn't know what was behind the shooting, but said they have had prior contact with the wounded boy's older brother.
The shooting occurred at about 8:33 p.m.
The boy's grandmother, Clare Williams, told the New York Post in Monday editions that the child, his mother and father were all at home when the doorbell rang and the boy was shot.
"Isn't that cold-blooded?" Williams said. "He's a little boy. He doesn't mess with anyone."
Neighbors said that the boy had two older brothers.
"I was upstairs in my room and heard the gunshot," said neighbor Madge Rigg, 62, in the Post. "I can't believe it's my neighbor, a child."
By John Noel
NEW YORK -- The father of an 11-year-old boy said he was coming down the stairs of his home Sunday night as his 11-year old son was coming upstairs, blood coming out of his mouth.
"Daddy, I think I got shot," the boy said, according to his father.
Moments earlier, Tyshaun Falconer had been shot once in the chest after answering the door at his home in the Springfield Gardens section of Queens.
The boy told his father the gunman asked for his older brother, 16-year-old Tony Falconer, and before he could answer, fired a single shot.
The father, also named Tony, said about a month ago someone shot one of his older son's friends and suspects Sunday night's incident might be connected.
When taken to L.I. Jewish Medical Center, Tyshaun was first listed in very critical condition. He has since been upgraded to stable and his father said the boy was able to give police a description of his shooter.
Police said they didn't know what was behind the shooting, but said they have had prior contact with the wounded boy's older brother.
The shooting occurred at about 8:33 p.m.
The boy's grandmother, Clare Williams, told the New York Post in Monday editions that the child, his mother and father were all at home when the doorbell rang and the boy was shot.
"Isn't that cold-blooded?" Williams said. "He's a little boy. He doesn't mess with anyone."
Neighbors said that the boy had two older brothers.
"I was upstairs in my room and heard the gunshot," said neighbor Madge Rigg, 62, in the Post. "I can't believe it's my neighbor, a child."
I guess we're all doomed to putting up with this kind of behavior -- because there is no possible way to stop it -- right?
No comments:
Post a Comment