Monday, October 22, 2012

The Helpful Klown

Have you ever heard these incessant "Income-at-Home.com" ads running all day every day on the radio? Yes. 

Did you ever call them? No? 

Gee, I wonder why not. Let me guess, you've turned the crank on the jack-in-the-box enough times you know what's going to happen, right? That's right, in the back of your mind, you know you're going to get ripped off if you make that call and go along with their shenanigans. 

Well, this guy made the call, paid the money ($10,) got his package etc and then set up his appointment to call his "mentor." 

And the whole time up to this he was unable to find out what the big "opportunity" was. So after some sputters etc he gets his mentor on the phone and I have pulled out a section of the transcript for you to read below. 

"You ARE interested in starting your own business aren't you?" she slices in. "You DO want to be able to take advantage of this incredible opportunity don't you?'

"If it is such and incredible opportunity, then why is is so difficult to get you to simply tell me who the big company is that I could ultimately be working for?" I reply in an increasingly frustrated tone.

"Is that all you are interested in right now?' She replied sharply.

"Yea, pretty much. I have paid my $10, read your booklet, watched your DVD, and am now on the phone with you, and I still don't know any more about who the actual company is behind IncomeAtHome.com. So, Yes. I would like to know who it is you actually represent. If this opportunity is so great, what's there to hide? From the commercials, and your booklet, this is supposed to be this easy, step-by-step process, but I have experienced nothing like that." I say in exasperation.

"It's HerbaLife. The company we represent is HerbaLife." she spits out in a caustic tone.

LOL - Yes, that's right, the fine and upstanding company, Herbalife. The guy has made a whole website out of his experience and you can read a lot more about the whole thing here:

No comments:

Post a Comment