Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Drudge Report


I look at The Drudge Report every morning.

This morning Wombat and I were discussing how Matt Lauer must have felt as he was interviewing one of the Kardashian Klan.  I mean, I'm sure (as a lib) he thinks he's very intellectual so this must have been quite embarrassing for him, don't you think?

We have to keep in mind, the Today Show does these interviews to make money for a reason, people care about the Kardashians.  Yes, that's right.  

I know, I know, you're thinking to yourself "Klown, stop being a moron, nobody cares about the Kardashians."  Anyway, it's fun to wonder why people give a flaming damn about pop culture like they do but the facts are ... people care ... and it's big money.

I recall a particular episode of The Simpsons ... wherein one/some of the characters were watching something stupid on television ... and Lisa asks "Why are you watching that?" And Homer replies (matter of factly) "Because it's on TV!"  As if "duh."

Anyway,  after this discussion, I went to the Drudge Report and I noticed something ... of the ten pics on the page, six of them referenced pop culture.  

Does this fact say anything to you?  Anything at all?  

Remember, Matt Lauer (lib extraordinaire and, as such, your intellectual better) looks down on idiots who are amused by pop culture ... and is embarrassed to be interviewing such a person as a Kardashian ... GASP!  Does that help?  Or does it just complicate matters?




No comments:

Post a Comment