Friday, March 16, 2012

Another standard "study" - I mean "media fodder"


Bold is mine:

Health researchers said on Thursday they had found a troubling link between higher consumption of rice and Type 2 diabetes, a disease that in some countries is becoming an epidemic.

"Health researchers, my ass.  More like "let's find an excuse to extend our funding" researchers (as are almost ALL "researchers".)

I've noticed I can usually replace the word "research"  with "Klown's money" and can replace "researchers" with "bullshit artists."

Further work is needed so we don't have to get a real job and so we can keep living off Klown's money  to probe the apparent association and diets that are notoriously high in sugar and fats should remain on the no-go list, they cautioned.

I'll tell you what should be in the "no go" list ... stealing my money for "research" and then saying  "more research is needed."

"What we've found is white rice is likely to increase the risk of Type 2 diabetes, ..." 

Every time I hear a "researcher" say "What we found was ..." I know the load of bullshit is about to come. It's one of the very FAVO-O-RITE phrases of libs researchers.  They love it because it's so high and mighty sounding ... they like it almost as much as "It's not about xxxxx, it's about yyyyy."

Sun said the study did have limitations, including full details about what the volunteers ate in addition to rice.
"I don't think I can put forward a 100-percent confirmed case, given that this is a meta-analysis of four original studies," he said.

"But I see a consistency across these studies, and there is biological plausibility that supports the association between white rice consumption and diabetes."

He added: "More trial data are needed to corroborate or refute our observations." More here:

Whaaaa?  More data huh?  Then I have to ask, why did you do the "research in the first place if you knew you didn't have enough data to make a conclusion?  Oh, wait, I see ... you did it so you can say "if we just had more money we could make a conclusion."

This is the "out" they have.  When they're proven wrong (as they usually are - like with coffee, eggs, wine, etc etc) they can say "but we told you we needed more research but you wouldn't give us the money."

Diet is only one factor in Type 2 diabetes, a complex disease that involves high levels of blood sugar that cannot be processed by the hormone insulin. Obesity and lack of exercise are also cited as culprits.

Whaaaa?  A complex disease?  Imagine that.  I mean, we all know what's causing the increase in diabetes ... it's global warming.

Seriously, I wouldn't give a damn about these "studies" if they didn't:
1 - Steal my money to fund them;
2 - Attempt to control my life based on their idiotic conclusions
3 - Give the idiot libs something to lecture me flap their lips about


No comments:

Post a Comment