Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Martin Sheen. The smartest guy in the room.

Here's a video clip of Martin Sheen on the Joy Behar show. I have a personal hatred for him because years ago, I won an Apocalypse Now surfboard (a replica of Robert Duvall's board in the movie) which was signed by Robert Duvall with the quote, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning". Unbeknownst to me, that wasn't the only signature on the board and when I picked it up, I saw two more signatures on the back. One signature was of Robert Rheault who was reputedly the inspiration for Robert Duvall's Lt. Col. Kilgore. His quote was "Charlie don't surf!" and that's fine with me. The other signature though, was by Martin Sheen and his quote was not only not in the movie, and not only contrary to the whole point of the movies, but also revoltingly self-serving. It said "may there be peace in the world in ____" or something like that. To this day, the board hangs with his signature to the wall and if the day ever comes when I have to display it with both sides showing, I'm going to have it professionally removed lest it mar the otherwise beautiful board. Anywho... here's the clip.

Of course, I still plan on seeing his upcoming movie "The Way" and I'm still going to be surprised/pissed if I don't like it.

1 comment:

Evil_Klown said...

What a shocker, another idiot in Hollywood. Those peeps suffer from group/goodthink something fierce. I love how they all think they're geniuses.

Bottom line? There are people who want to leave you alone, and there are people who think you should do as they say. Libs are in the latter category ... and I'd be remiss if I didna mention ... there are a LOT of Republican libs.

Post a Comment