Thursday, September 8, 2011

Free Copy Of "Atlas Shrugged" Contest

Yes, it's true. I, "A is A," will award a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged" to the winner of this contest. Not my personal, dog-eared, highlighted, and margin annotated version, but a brand new paperback edition (including shipping!). What's the catch? It's simple:

Tonight, our President will give his "Jobs Speech." As is his wont, he will say, "I am the President," or "As your President," or just the word "President" SEVERAL times. Your job is to guess how many times the word "President" is said during his speech. Whoever guesses the EXACT number of times he says his favorite word is the winner.

The official White House transcript of the speech will be the OFFICIAL count of the total. If a tie occurs, multiple copies will be awarded. All entries must be received (comment on the blog, obviously) by 6:59PM EST September 8, 2011. Winner(s) will be announced at my convenience, but within a few days. I promise. Not valid where prohibited by law. Sorry Tennessee.

12 comments:

Evil_Klown said...

I thought about this this morning. He sure loves to remind himself that "I'm the president." I figured the speech to be 30-40 minutes.

He gave a speech a while back -- lasted about an hour. In it he said "I'm the president" (etc) five times but I still haven't had time to edit it and add it to my other video.

Anyway, since he seems to escalate with each speech, I'm going to guess he says the word "president" 6 times.

In case I win I'd like to reserve the right to substitute a different book (as long as the cost is the same.)

WOMBAT said...

I'm going to say 5 times. Call me an eternal optimist but I'm expecting him to act more like he's been kicked in the testicles than to be acting like the messiah anymore. Even the MSM is starting to see him for what he is.

Also, I for one appreciate the John Henson reference.

The Dealer said...

Four. Once addressing the VP, once RE: the press questioning his content, president Lincoln and President Kenedy. Only once (the press reference) about himself.

The Dealer said...

Kennedy

scot said...

14

Evil_Klown said...

Woops, looks like someone found a transcript in advance of the speech.

Evil_Klown said...

Nope, looked in the message source:

Posted by The Dealer to Evil Klown - Exposing Idiocy at September 8, 2011
9:42 PM

Tsk.

WOMBAT said...

"Nope, looked in the message source:

Posted by The Dealer to Evil Klown - Exposing Idiocy at September 8, 2011
9:42 PM"

You rousted the rat, Sherlock. Well done.

WOMBAT said...

That was meant to be said sarcastically, btw. Whenever I say "well done" I'm being sarcastic. For the non-cogs, "well done" is Libspeak and is overused to artificially boost self-esteem and confidence and is generally and liberally used whenever any Lib does anything that doesn't directly result in abject failure (although that's not a requirement).

A is A said...

The Dealer is correct. The answer is four. Except that he posted after the speech, so not really a prediction. So...NO TOME FOR YOU.
B.O. said "I" (or "I'm" or "I'll") 34 times.
Next contest will be posted earlier, so more can participate. This was a last minute crazy idea.

The Dealer said...

What gave it away?

The Dealer said...

I'm glad you noticed the time of the post. The exact number and details of the use almost got by you.

Post a Comment