Monday, August 29, 2011

I was about to buy myself some of these

I saw them on a TV commercialThe commercial says you crack the egg and then pour it into the "Eggie." Then you boil 'er awhile and they come out as hard boiled eggs -- NO PEELING!  I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs but I hate peeling them so I thought, "Hey this is a product for me!"

As is my wont, I decided to see if there were any reviews on Amazon and read them with great interest.

In case you don't want to click over and read the actual reviews I'll post the totals for you here.

Suffice it to say I won't be ordering these.  What a shame. Just another infomercial scam.  Have we ALL fallen for one of these in our lifetimes?  Maybe more than one ... before it finally dawned on us ... LOTS OF THESE TV THINGS ARE RIPOFFS!

While reading the reviews I read this:
This tip was in one of my cooking magazines: crack your hard boiled egg, work a spoon between the shell and the egg and work it around until the egg is peeled. Really easy.

4 comments:

ragweed said...

to bad it did not work cause if it did I may have purchased one

WOMBAT said...

I love to peel eggs. That's the best part of boiled eggs. I particularly enjoy this ritual after having seen "Angel Heart".

A is A said...

I was taken in by the "Sift and Toss," cat litter mesh bags that are supposed to make changing the box less of a pain. Total piece of shit. Wal-Mart carries a variation that actually works, if anyone is interested.

Dave said...

Deniro with the nails. Nice reference. One of those overlooked movies that really developed well. Another interesting fact about that was the sex scene with Lisa Bonet created a rift between her and Bill Cosby (you'll remember she was still on the show at the time.

Post a Comment