Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Your Vocabulary Word For Today
Winston Churchill obviously liked this verbal device. So did one of my favorite stand-up comedians, Mitch Hedberg: Paraprosdokian.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In this blog, My friends (the evil minions) and I lay waste to idiots of all types. We also cover other blogs and news tidbits for your review ... and anything else we damn well please.
5 comments:
I checked at dictionary.com ... they don't have it listed. I think it comes from the old Greek "para," meaning "more than two" and "prosdokian," meaning, "dorks who will believe anything."
"Dictionary.com" - why not just use an old "Webster's"? - LOL.
http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/Paraprosdokian
Don't fear (or ridicule) what you don't know.
So you employ a foreign dictionary to prove something? Secondly you claim I "fear" an unknown word? How is that possible? Sounds like some sort of lib-logic to me. Stop flailing.
Now you're cavilling.
We mock what we don't understand. If it's libs making the call, we fear it. They think we fear everything. They think we're driven by fear because they're driven by fear.
Post a Comment