Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sooooo close


UPPER DARBY, Pa. (CBS) – Police in Upper Darby were able to make a high-tech arrest by utilizing technology inside the same cell phone that a suspect had stolen from a homeowner.

The incident began when suspect Tyrell Booker allegedly broke into a home on Lamport Road at about 4 a.m. Monday and stood over the bed of the frightened victim.

Investigators say Booker forced his way into home and stole the victim’s cell phone before fleeing.

Unbeknownst to Booker, the cell phone was equipped with a Lookout GPS tracking device.

Approximately an hour after the robbery, the victim and investigators used laptops to track down Booker inside a home where he was hiding.

“We actually followed the phone to the house where the guy that committed the crime lived,” Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said.

Tsk.  Too bad it was the cops that caught him and not the Hell's Angels or skin-headed nazis.   Now THOSE guys know how to mete out the punishment. Oh well, maybe next time.  I wish there were more stories of people catching burglars in the act and beating them retarded with baseball bats. (If you're about to comment on my use of the word "retarded" --- don't be retarded.)

More here:

2 comments:

scot said...

"Beat them retarded". That is one funny clause. I have never heard that expression (really), but I am now going to make it a staple part of my daily vocabulary. I will try to use it once a day until it becomes habit.

scot said...

As a matter of fact, I think I'll going over to the Jwalk blog now and see what kind of offense I can stir up.

Post a Comment