The Republicans in the House of Representatives held up a crucifix read the constitution aloud to some vampires the Democratics the other day and the vampires Democratics went berserk.
You can watch your intellectual betters the dumbass lefties recoil in horror in the comments on the Huffington Post blog. Did anyone notice if any house Democratics rose to read a passage? Did any ask? Just asking.
Another note to myself: It appeared to me that Boehner did not rehearse his part. I guess he felt he didn't need to because ??? I'm still calling him a moron. He doesn't deserve to be speaker. As far as I'm concerned he's just one of the old Republicans who participated in the fall of America.
He's got a lot to prove to me. This was a step in the right direction but I doubt he'll keep it up ... I think he's just acting.
Another note to myself: It appeared to me that Boehner did not rehearse his part. I guess he felt he didn't need to because ??? I'm still calling him a moron. He doesn't deserve to be speaker. As far as I'm concerned he's just one of the old Republicans who participated in the fall of America.
He's got a lot to prove to me. This was a step in the right direction but I doubt he'll keep it up ... I think he's just acting.
3 comments:
I think anybody who has to take an oath of office in which the words "uphold the constitution" are uttered should have to either read the constitution or have it read to them before they take the oath. They need to know what they are taking a pledge to uphold. How about maybe having to take a test as part of the campaign process. If they can't pass a test about the constitution they probably shouldn't be running.
Yeah, it was a good thing they did this, however, it was cowardly they omitted the 3/5th's clause, in addition to the 18th amendment (so as not to 'offend' anyone, apparently.)
Very sad commentary, by omitting these 2 parts.
Yes, they omitted the 3/5th's clause because it was replaced after a huge civil war and the deaths of over SIX ... HUNDRED ... THOUSAND ... PEOPLE.
The thirteenth amendment abolished (and continues to outlaw) slavery. Perhaps you'll recall a vague reference to this in your history classes.
Later on the 14th amendment got even more specific ... "Representatives shall be apportioned ...counting the whole number of persons in each State,..."
Are you familiar with the concept "supercede?" No? Well let me introduce you.
Do you even know why the 3/5th's clause was put in the Constitution in the first place? The north insisted on it so the south couldn't use their slaves to get more representatives in congress to pass more pro-slavery legislation.
As far as the 18th amendment (prohibition,) wasn't that repealed and replaced by the 21st amendment.
So, do you still wonder why they didn't read the 3/5 clause and the 18th amendment? Is it still a big mystery?
Post a Comment