So you're coasting along on the interwave ... doing your daily reading or what have you ... when what do you notice? Why it seems to be an out-of-place comment or statement. You discount it and move on ... only to find another similar comment/statement lurking elsewhere.
Upon further investigation you find the comment contains a link to a commercial site ... that's right, it's a ruse ... a come-on ... a HO-AX. So, of course you blow it off because ... "what kind of REPUTABLE company does this sort of thing?" You know, just like anyone with a half a brain would do.
Thinking a little more you may start to wonder "Just how ethical is a company the misleads and tricks its customers? How do they make money? There aren't enough people stupid enough to fall for that." But really, you don't think much further than that because, what's the sense in it ... you'd NEVER buy anything from a company like that, right?
Now, you have to correct yourself. If you really think there aren't enough stupid people for them to make a profit, I have to ask you, when's the last time you deleted an email claiming that someone had some money for you. Believe me, there are PLENTY of morons out there who will fall for this tack.
Ok, now that we've proven that the only ones to fall for this are morons, let's think further. If you own the company and some moron has clicked your link, you might as well go ahead and charge 10 times the going prices, right? "Oh-oh, better not ... the moron might catch on ... oh wait ... he won't catch on ... HE'S A MORON ... WHEW ... WHAT A RELIEF."
Hey, any o' you morons need some sound equipment? Look into these babies. Quick, they won't last at these prices ... plus ... look at the pretty colors ... shiny ... spawkowee.
I went to their site and clicked the "contact me" button. I left them a choice note. Now I'm going to look for their comment spam ... and wherever I find it, I'm going to leave a comment about how overpriced they are ... and about how anyone who buys from them is an idiot.
Here ... I'll just practice a bit:
"Dr Dre Beats" the crap out of morons with too much money.
I'll bet Ferrari and Lamborghini were happy to share their name with a company that spams blogs for advertising.
Look, at all the names they're using ... Kobe Bryant, Lady Gaga, Miles Davis ... well, if THEY'RE involved, this MUST be a good product. Only an idiot would fail to see the implications here.
I'll give them another tried and true idea for hammering imbeciles. They ought to ban the sale of their products to dumb people. They ought to require people to swear online (under penalty of law) that their IQ is over 120 before they qualify to purchase these products. THAT would cut down on the ripoff of poor, poor morons /sarc.

No comments:
Post a Comment