Thursday, March 4, 2010

Full body scans at airports.

People have been debating about whether full body scans are a good solution in airports. Right now, the ruling is that if you don't want to get scanned, that's your choice, but you can't fly. I think that's fair enough. Contrary to the standard criticism, the scanners do not show nudity. If people object to the scan for personal, modesty or religious reasons, they should take the time to learn the truth and the facts first.

That said, I just read an even better solution than barring people from flying:

An engineer, ex-NASA project director, has what is the near perfect
solution for airport security.

"Here's the solution to all the controversy over full body scanners at
the airports.

Have a booth that you can step into that will not x-ray you, but will
detonate any explosive you may have on you.

It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap
about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive
trial.

Justice would be quick and swift.
That solution should settle any debate on the topic for good.

3 comments:

A is A said...

The simplest solutions are ALWAYS the best.

Evil_Klown said...

I like it but I doubt they could detonate any explosive ... how would that work?

WOMBAT said...

It's called the "willful suspension of disbelief".

Post a Comment