Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Poor old America ... whatever happened to it ?


Pages of tax code

IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman does not file his own taxes in part because he believes the tax code is complex. Really?  You can't file your own taxes?  You must be an idiot.  Let me just check your credentials.

Shulman holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Williams College, a Master of Public Administration degree from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, and a Juris Doctor degree (magna cum laude) from Georgetown University Law Center.

Yep, just your average American.

During an interview on C-SPAN's "Newsmakers" program that aired on Sunday, Shulman said he uses a tax preparer for his own returns.

"I've used one for years. I find it convenient. I find the tax code complex so I use a preparer," Shulman said.

Shulman said about 60 percent of Americans use tax preparers and another 20 percent use software to file their returns.

He added, "So you're over 80 percent of people who aren't just sitting down and filling out the forms themselves."

Yes ... 80% ... and nothing wrong with that at all, right?  The way they see it, everything is PERFECTLY fine. He's right about one thing ... congress is at fault for this idiocy. Yet, they want to be in charge of health care and cap & trade and immigration amnesty (again.) I can't WAIT for the November election.

More here:

1 comment:

ragweed said...

We have to try something else, this one is broke

Post a Comment