So I wake up last night and that cartoon that makes fun of libs (The Goode Family) was on. Mr. Goode was supposed to be organizing a block party for libs. Somehow they found out that one of their heroes was going to be "walking through" their town during the block party. It was some doofus that left his wife and six kids and became a "freegan."
This morning I Googled "Freegan."
Freeganism is an anti-consumerist lifestyle whereby people employ alternative living strategies based on "limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources".
Freegans "embrace community, generosity, social concern, freedom, cooperation, and sharing in opposition to a society based on materialism, moral apathy, competition, conformity, and greed."[1] The lifestyle involves salvaging discarded, unspoiled food from supermarket dumpsters, known as 'dumpster diving'. Freegans salvage the food for political reasons, rather than out of need.
Yes. Have you noticed anything? Here's what I noticed. Conspicuously absent in any of this is "they don't have fucking jobs." I was going to help them by pointing it out to the morons libs at Wikipedia but I felt they'd probably ignore my suggestions. You see, to be a successful lib, you have to ignore the obvious and make up your own "deeper meaning."
When I was a kid, we had freegans too. It's just that my parents didn't teach me the correct term. We called them bums. Anyway, prepare yourselves for me to overdo this. It seems like a potentially rich source of humor. Hey, I've got one already ... "I hate those freegin' freegans."
Here's a couple of clips from the show (The Goode Family) for your entertainment.

2 comments:
Time to order some freegan strength mace!
I like the Talking Racoon handle
Post a Comment