Something happened to me this morning that I've NEVER seen before.A couple of days ago, I hard-boiled some eggs and then put them in the fridge. So the last couple of days, my mom and I have been having one in the mornings. I've been taking them out of the fridge and then warming them up with 35 seconds in the micro-wave.
So this morning, everything is normal ... I take two eggs out of the fridge and put them into a small bowl in the microwave ... except this time I set it for 45 seconds ... you know ... to get them a little warmer in the middle. While they're warming, I snags the orange juice and pour some.
Microwave beeper goes off so I takes 'em out and delivers 'em to the table. After about 15 seconds, I grabs mine and takes a bite-KABOOM ... it blew up right in my mouth ... I had a brown-out ... dog flew to the other side of the room and barked ... sounded like a gunshot. So everything kind of froze in time and I'm looking around ... egg still close to my mouth ... bits of egg EVERYWHERE ... all over my glasses, table, floor, furniture ... HOLY TOLEDO!! I guess I still had about 75% of the egg left in my hand. By the way, the egg pictured above is not the actual egg that blew up. I didn't have enough wits left after the explosion to think of taking a pic.
Obviously, after two seconds, I knew the microwave heating had caused the "problem," so I tells my mom ... "DON'T BITE YOUR EGG" ... as if she had any plans of doing so.
After it was clear I wasn't hurt, she laughed like it was the funniest thing she had seen in a year. I laughed because, hey, I thought I was dead. I'm thinking, if I didn't have my glasses on, it could have been a bad ending.
Anyway ... word to the wise, capisce?
3 comments:
Good Your'e OK. I promise to never put a trick egg in your refridgerator again. Hey to mom.
yes, the yolk's on you
Wouldn't happen with a Big Mac...
Post a Comment