Monday, November 16, 2009

I'll bet this was a democrat

Ok, I was driving home from work today and during the news break I hear some elected official from the state of NY (I believe he was a Rep.) explain why he agrees with the administration wanting the trials of terrorists to be held in NY.
He states that it is a good idea because who better to judge them than the people of NY who saw the towers come down.
Now I am not going to go into what I believe are all the bad ideas about having the trials in NY, just this moron's take on it.
Since he says the people of NY, I assume he is talking about a jury trial in which there will be a large number of New Yorkers in the Jury pool.
Now I am guessing that the defense will ask that anyone selected be asked if they saw the towers come down be excluded. This will be a nightmare in picking any jury
due to exclusions for prejudicial issues. Can you possible think of how much money will be spent for these trials, I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment