Monday, November 30, 2009

Huckabee's run for President?

I read he was contemplating another run for the presidency. Well I think he has just changed his mind.

5 comments:

Evil_Klown said...

Ha ha, I doubt he's changed his mind. We haven't heard the other side yet. I am withholding judgment for now (as hard as that is.)

That said though, he has pros and cons for me. The things I don't like about him so far is the fact that he seems too religious and, to me, comes off as a bit of a candy ass. I might be able to overcome that since he supports the Fair Tax.

Evil_Klown said...

UPDATE:

Huckabee cited Clemmons' youth in granting the request. But Clemmons quickly reverted to his criminal past, violated his parole and was returned to prison. He was released again in 2004.

"This guy should have never been on the street," said Brian D. Wurts, president of the police union in Lakewood. "Our elected officials need to find out why these people are out."

Huckabee said on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday night that Clemmons was allowed back on the street because prosecutors failed to file paperwork in time.

Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley, whose office opposed Clemmons' parole in 2000 and 2004, said Huckabee's comments were "red herrings."

"My word to Mr. Huckabee is man up and own what you did," Jegley said.
---------
Uh, huh - released him from a 108-year term because he was young and because of a technicality? The Klown is not impressed.

ragweed said...

remember the names Willie Horton,
and Michael Dukakis

A is A said...

Huckabee commuted his sentence (NOT pardoned him) from 108 years to 47 years. He did not free him - he allowed him to apply for parole earlier - as most Arkansas prisoners serve only a quarter of their sentence before parole is available. The parole board freed him. Regardless - we should have fried this guy.

ragweed said...

I am not saying that he did the right or wrong thing. I am only saying it will come back to haunt him.
The gov. knew that he would be paroled as these arrangements are made in advance and the parties are well aware of the outcome.

Post a Comment