
They're spending hundreds of billions of dollars to stimulate the economy, so Senate Democrats said Wednesday they might as well spend millions putting up signs to highlight where the money is being spent. Yes, of course ... we "might as well." What the hell, we're only talking tens of millions ... it's chicken feed.
The road signs, which let motorists know the paving and construction projects they see are being paid for by the $787 billion economic stimulus program, have popped up across the country. In a 52-45 vote, the Senate decided the signs should stay.
"Why on earth would you want to hide from the American people the fact that the recovery package we passed is putting people to work?" asked Sen. Barbara Boxer, California Democrat, who took the lead in defending the expenditure. She said stimulus spending is beginning to improve the economy and charged that Republicans and Democrats who voted to strip out the funds are angry about that success. Really, Barbara? Success? If this is success, I'd hate to see miserable failure. If only someone could have predicted this would fail ... some super genius from the future perhaps ... or me ... take your pick.
You know what I'm going to do now? I'm going to borrow an amount equal to my next year's income and spend wildly to see if it stimulates my family's economy. And I'm going to print up signs so my family and friends can see how smart I am and thank me profusely. Hey ... I predict it works great for a while. Of course, once I start paying back the money they might have to go without a few things here and there. I sure hope they're smart enough to get all the "nuance" and appreciate the "success" down the road ... because I define success as having a huge debt load.
"It's my sense that there's a frustration by the people who voted 'no' on the economic recovery act, the stimulus bill, there's a frustration that it's working. They predicted gloom and doom," Mrs. Boxer said. Really? Doom and gloom? What a bunch of dumbasses, right Barbara?
They're too stupid to see success. Hell, they wouldn't know success if someone balled up a huge wad of debt, wrote "success" on it and jammed it up their asses. All that work you do goes unappreciated - *sniff*
But Sen. Judd Gregg, the New Hampshire Republican who tried to excise the funds, called his amendment a no-brainer. He said it's common sense to get rid of tens of millions of dollars in spending. Whaaaa? A politician making clean sense and explaining it in one sentence flat?
"These are self-congratulatory signs; they're political signs. They're so that lawmakers can pat themselves on the back," he said. "But these signs cost money. Actually, when you add them all up, they cost a lot of money." Yes, that makes sense also. No wonder Dipshitocrats don't understand it. You say that to them and all you get is a blank stare.
Some localities have objected to the signs, arguing that they would rather spend the money on more projects. But Mr. Gregg said one community in New Hampshire was told no sign, no money for their original project. LMAO. "Put the sign up or you don't get the money ... got me? Jackass?"
"We do enough self-congratulating around here. They shouldn't make the taxpayers pay for it," he said. Again, this is so obvious it prolly gives a Dipshitocrat brain damage.
I love it ... the government exceeds its constitutional power over and over ... interferes in the free market FAR BEYOND the capacity of the market to respond ... SPENDS like drunken liberals ... and then blames the free market when there's a crisis. And what's their solution? MORE spending, MORE government, and MORE intervention in the market.
The road signs, which let motorists know the paving and construction projects they see are being paid for by the $787 billion economic stimulus program, have popped up across the country. In a 52-45 vote, the Senate decided the signs should stay.
"Why on earth would you want to hide from the American people the fact that the recovery package we passed is putting people to work?" asked Sen. Barbara Boxer, California Democrat, who took the lead in defending the expenditure. She said stimulus spending is beginning to improve the economy and charged that Republicans and Democrats who voted to strip out the funds are angry about that success. Really, Barbara? Success? If this is success, I'd hate to see miserable failure. If only someone could have predicted this would fail ... some super genius from the future perhaps ... or me ... take your pick.
You know what I'm going to do now? I'm going to borrow an amount equal to my next year's income and spend wildly to see if it stimulates my family's economy. And I'm going to print up signs so my family and friends can see how smart I am and thank me profusely. Hey ... I predict it works great for a while. Of course, once I start paying back the money they might have to go without a few things here and there. I sure hope they're smart enough to get all the "nuance" and appreciate the "success" down the road ... because I define success as having a huge debt load.
"It's my sense that there's a frustration by the people who voted 'no' on the economic recovery act, the stimulus bill, there's a frustration that it's working. They predicted gloom and doom," Mrs. Boxer said. Really? Doom and gloom? What a bunch of dumbasses, right Barbara?
They're too stupid to see success. Hell, they wouldn't know success if someone balled up a huge wad of debt, wrote "success" on it and jammed it up their asses. All that work you do goes unappreciated - *sniff*
But Sen. Judd Gregg, the New Hampshire Republican who tried to excise the funds, called his amendment a no-brainer. He said it's common sense to get rid of tens of millions of dollars in spending. Whaaaa? A politician making clean sense and explaining it in one sentence flat?
"These are self-congratulatory signs; they're political signs. They're so that lawmakers can pat themselves on the back," he said. "But these signs cost money. Actually, when you add them all up, they cost a lot of money." Yes, that makes sense also. No wonder Dipshitocrats don't understand it. You say that to them and all you get is a blank stare.
Some localities have objected to the signs, arguing that they would rather spend the money on more projects. But Mr. Gregg said one community in New Hampshire was told no sign, no money for their original project. LMAO. "Put the sign up or you don't get the money ... got me? Jackass?"
"We do enough self-congratulating around here. They shouldn't make the taxpayers pay for it," he said. Again, this is so obvious it prolly gives a Dipshitocrat brain damage.
I love it ... the government exceeds its constitutional power over and over ... interferes in the free market FAR BEYOND the capacity of the market to respond ... SPENDS like drunken liberals ... and then blames the free market when there's a crisis. And what's their solution? MORE spending, MORE government, and MORE intervention in the market.
1 comment:
We need to fire them all and start over
Post a Comment