(Bold is mine)What was intended to be a town hall discussion on President Barack Obama's health care reform proposal dissolved into a shouting match with shoving and scuffles in Ybor City tonight.
The event brought home to Tampa the recent phenomenon of angry opponents of Obama's proposal disrupting town hall meetings by Democratic members of Congress during the August recess.
This meeting was organized by Democratic state Rep. Betty Reed but was to include comments on the proposal by U.S. Rep. Kathy Castor, a strong supporter.
Castor tried to speak for nearly 15 minutes but the crowd drowned her out, chanting, "You work for us,'' "Tyranny, tyranny,'' and "Read the bill." She ultimately left the meeting early, further angering some attendees. More here:
Yes. It appears people feel strongly about jackasses trying to install another massive government program that can never, EVER, be repealed. All you have to do is go to the news section of Google and type in "town hall." You'll find story after story of people attending these town halls and letting their representatives know they don't want the government involved.
The thing is, Nancy Pelosi et al are trying to shove it down your throat. They denigrate anyone who doesn't agree with them. Pelosi calls them them Nazis, racists, whatever. They call the protests "organized" (as if that's bad, even if it WERE true.) See, when leftists "organize" it's for the "common good" but when conservatives organize, somehow it's subterfuge.
Oh, and if you get any bright ideas about bad-mouthing the Democrat's (Obama's) plan, they've asked your fellow citizens to turn you in to the White House. "Hey, John Doe, nice life you have going there ... sure would be a shame if something were to 'happen to it.'"
These morons want the government to "compete" with private insurance companies. The only problem is, the government doesn't have to make a profit (be efficient.) They need only to raise your taxes to fund their program. Now, I ask you, is that fair "competition?"
I do agree we need some reform in health care but I envision the government facilitating/promoting commerce instead of impeding it. For example, tort reform. Make the loser in lawsuits pay for the costs incurred in defending lawsuits. This would reform a hell of a lot more than just health care. Don't hold your breath though, the trial lawyers association is one of the biggest contributors to Dipshitocrat campaigns. Just like trade unions (especially the Teacher's union.)
The thing that really amazes me is how Dipshitocrats get elected by being on the idiot side of every issue.
- Amnesty for illegal aliens
- Cover illegal aliens in their health care plan
- Implement unending massive government programs - one after the other
- Tax and spend - Tax and spend - forget paying down the debt
- Government involvement in every issue imaginable (and some that aren't)
- No competition for "government" schools (vouchers)
- Profits are evil
- Jackasses in jail - don't have to work, get TV, A/C etc
- Block oil drilling, refining, and transportation
- Generational welfare
- They fight tax reform at every step
- More and more "gun control" (take them away.)
- Everything is about race
- Liberty? I don't McThink so
It's like Mark Levin says, "Every day congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your liberty."
I could go on and on. Seriously, I actually despise people who vote for libs. I look upon them with utter contempt and I think Republicans are only slightly better. IMHO, Republicans used to be much better ... now they spend like Democrats, they all look like TV preachers, and they can't open their mouths without saying "abortion is the same as murder" ... even though it is clear the majority of people disagree with them. (Not that I'm one to think the majority is right all the time.)
I notice this much, when Republicans were in charge of congress, did they do one damn thing about the issues above? As I recall, they lowered taxes but that's about it. Although, lowering taxes is probably the most critical issue because it starves the government of money. Theoretically, reducing the income of government reduces its ability to operate outside its constitutional limits and thereby, intrude like a hungry jackass, into the barnyard that is my life.
Lowering taxes would work great if they HAD TO pay down the debt and operate without a deficit. As it is though, when you reduce their income, they just print/borrow more money ... nothing changes ... get the lesson?
I just think Republicans need to get back to the premise of fiscal responsibility, freedom, liberty, and limited government.
No comments:
Post a Comment