Monday, August 10, 2009

Americans wising up - to no avail


Recent surveys show Americans cooling to global warming, and they're even less keen on environmental policies they believe might raise power bills or imperil jobs. Those sentiments could mean a tougher road ahead for elected officials looking to fund investments in renewable power or install a carbon cap-and-trade system.

Here's what Gallup found: The number of Americans who say the media have exaggerated global warming jumped to a record 41 percent in 2009, up from 35 percent a year ago. The most marked increase came among political independents, whose ranks of doubters swelled from 33 percent to 44 percent. Republican doubters grew from 59 percent to 66 percent, while Democratic skeptics stayed at around 20 percent.

What's more, fewer Americans believe the effects of global warming have started to occur: 53 percent see signs of a hotter planet, down from 61 percent in 2008. Global warming placed last among eight environmental concerns Gallup asked respondents to rank, with water pollution landing the top spot. More here:

Wow, this would be great if congress gave a flaming damn what you wanted.

22 comments:

James B. Eldred said...

So most people believe it, therefore it must be true? So the Earth used to be in the center of the universe and flat because most people believed that too?

Actually, that's not even what this poll says, it says that most people think the media has "exaggerated global warming" not that it doesn't exist.

Look buttfuck. Global warming and climate change are real because science has proven it. You can doubt it all you want but that's like doubting the sky is blue. It's a fact. Get over it.

James B. Eldred said...

Also, I doubt your ability to "expose idiocy" if you don't even know how to center a fucking subtitle on your banner.

Evil_Klown said...

Thanks for your comments, Einstein.

Nice of you to take a break from your Starbucks Latte to lend some real genius to the discussion.

Now, shouldn't be stopping off at the grocery store to pick up some Tofu for your imaginary girlfriend?

Do me a favor, keep your dumbass off my blog. ty

James B. Eldred said...

Your dumbass is on my planet, you leave first.

Find proof that global warming (aka scientific fact) is a scam if you want to rail against it so much. Or you can keep debating by ignoring the facts and instead focusing on personal attacks that don't make any sense.

FYI: I love me some real coffee and red meat, bitch.

At the very least fix your fucking banner.

Evil_Klown said...

Yes, "global warming" is all about facts. The same way "global cooling" was all about facts in the 70's. All the geniuses bought it then too and the solutions to global cooling were the same as the solutions to global warming now.

The "facts" are the world is not warming anymore. That's why they changed the name to "climate change." Try to keep up.

The banner is the way I like it, but thanks for "helping." Perhaps you should be posting on other blogs in your native language ... with words like Baaaaa and Bleat.

James B. Eldred said...

ll post where the fuck I want to and if you don't like it fucking delete me. Feel free to post on my blog. I can just delete your posts. However, my readers enjoy a good laugh, and although laughing at the mentally handicapped is cruel, I could make an exception in your case.

Global cooling was not accepted by the scientific community. That's a fact. Get a book, read about it. Books are neat.

It's also a fact that there was a cooling trend during that time, because cooling trends and warming trends happen. However, it was a cooling trend in the midst of global warming, a two steps forward, one step back kind of situation. That's a fact as well. A fact, proven by the scientific method. Look those last two words up, you might learn something about how scientists come to conclusions. It's really interesting. But since you barely know how to read it might hurt your little brain. Maybe check out a 7th grade science book, they go over it in there. Maybe you can pick some of it up if you read really slow.

It's funny how you assume I'm some left-wing, tofu eating starbucks drinking hipster just because I disagree with your lies and disinformation. Why do you think that? Someone obviously led you to believe that. And yet I am the sheep.

Notice I didn't say "opinion." An opinion is a matter of personal preference based on taste. Arguing against global warming is proof of idiocy. You're blog is dedicated to "exposing idiocy." It says so in your banner that is misaligned due to poor HTML skills that an idiot could see. I find that ironic and enjoy pointing it out.

The saddest part is that when cap and trade and other emission protocols are set and global warming decreases little ignorant dickless fucks like you will just say that's proof that it was never a problem in the first place.

Do so fucking research of your own, stop listening to what talking heads on TV and the radio tell you and shut the fuck up.

Or just kill yourself, that would be great as well.

Evil_Klown said...

Global cooling was "accepted" by the same scientific community (and media) that is pushing global warming now.

Yes, I could delete your post. Instead I'll leave it here as a monument to your stupidity.

WOMBAT said...

Liberals are funny like that. They'll get up and preach how important something is and even vote for congress to do something about it. However, once they actually have to pay for it, they finally eat their own words and "wake up and smell the coffee".

This is when they start turning their backs, denying they ever had anything to do with it and looking for another "cause" to chant about.

WOMBAT said...

Oh- and for those among you with amnesia- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSzItt6h-s

WOMBAT said...

"ll post where the fuck I want to and if you don't like it fucking delete me. Feel free to post on my blog. I can just delete your posts. However, my readers enjoy a good laugh, and although laughing at the mentally handicapped is cruel, I could make an exception in your case.

Global cooling was not accepted by the scientific community. That's a fact. Get a book, read about it. Books are neat."

From the video I posted just above, "I take take that anger as actually a sign of weakness".

James B. Eldred said...

Wow, your YouTube video proved me wrong! Thank you so much! I don't need to listen to the thousands of scientists, read the mountains of research, look over the piles of evidence, or the proven results conducted by studying ice samples, atmospheric readings or ocean levels anymore! Why?

Because of a video on YouTube!

A video that has been repeatedly debunked, even by some who appear in it!

"Anger as actually a sign of weakness."

That's fucking cute. So when America was angry at the Japanese for bombing Pearl Harbor we were weak? When we were mad at the Taliban for 9/11 we were fucking weak? The retarded lies you needlessly promote are attacking the world. So I think anger is an appropriate response. If I smacked you in the head and you got mad at me would that be a sign of weakness you miserable little pussbucket?

And it's cute how you think I'm a liberal just because I know how to read, and understand what the fuck the scientific method is.

And EVEN IF "global cooling" was accepting by the majority of the scientific community (which it wasn't, although the media loved talking about it) that means nothing. You're presenting a straw man argument, it has no bearing to the issue at hand. But like I said, it doesn't matter because it's not true in the first place.

I give up. You win. I'm a dingy of truth up against your hurricane of ignorance. Ironically, a hurricane made stronger by global warming.

A is A said...

I'm amused that you can spell "pussbucket" correctly(?), but not "dinghy".

WOMBAT said...

"I give up. You win. I'm a dingy of truth up against your hurricane of ignorance. Ironically, a hurricane made stronger by global warming."

Shove it, lib.

WOMBAT said...

"I don't need to listen to the thousands of scientists, read the mountains of research, look over the piles of evidence, or the proven results conducted by studying ice samples, atmospheric readings or ocean levels anymore! Why?

Because of a video on YouTube!"

Yes- you won't have to do that "anymore". You can save yourself all that time and effort "now".

James B. Eldred said...

Amazing that you still can't rebut any of my actual comments aside from posting a YouTube video that has already been debunked several times over (it was proven to have used out of date and forged data, you do know that right? If you're right how come you have to create false data/use out-of-date information?). Even people who agree with some of the views in the film admit that.

I wonder why you have to focus on petty shit? Is it because your argument holds no water? Or is it because you're all utterly retarded and incapable of complex, rational thought?

Ayn Rand reference, isn't that special.

James B. Eldred said...

I just realized I'm the only person who has commented on this that isn't a writer! Way to bring in the hits fuckos.

At least you're not popular idiots.

Ha. Fuck it, who cares anymore.

WOMBAT said...

"Ha. Fuck it, who cares anymore."

I suspect you won't finish that either.

WOMBAT said...

"Amazing that you still can't rebut any of my actual comments".

I didn't think it was worth my time. I don't waste my time responding to homeless people on the street either.

Every so often though, I'll offer them career counseling. I'll say "get a job" as I pass by.

WOMBAT said...

"a YouTube video that has already been debunked several times over"

Cite your sources.

"(it was proven to have used out of date and forged data, you do know that right?"

Cite your sources

"Even people who agree with some of the views in the film admit that."

Cite your sources.

A is A said...

Ayn Rand had chunks of idiots like you in her stool.

WOMBAT said...

Uh... isn't it Anne Rand????

Kathy said...

Great point.

Global warming is a fact, but the banks and politicians engaged in attempting to brain wash the world. There are too many smart and educated people around to be able to pool this off ...but it was close.

Global warming is caused but sun's recent over activity. Oceans salty water holds 72 x more CO2 than the air. Cold salt water holds much more CO2 than worm can hold. Therefore warmed up (by the sun) oceans release extremely large amounts of CO2 to the atmosphere creating greenhouse effect.

Do we have control over suns activity? No, so let’s live our lives, and enjoy while it lasts.

Post a Comment