Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What? What's the problem?

ATLANTA | S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford arrived in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport this morning, having wrapped up a seven-day visit to Buenos Aires, Argentina, he said. Sanford said he had not been hiking along the Appalachian Trail, as his staff said in a Tuesday statement to the media.

Sanford, in an exclusive interview with The State, said he decided at the last minute to go to the South American country to recharge after a difficult legislative session in which he battled with lawmakers over how to spend federal stimulus money.

Sanford said he decided not to return via the Columbia airport to avoid the media. The State Media Company was the only media who greeted Sanford this morning. Huh? Don't you think it's a little late to "avoid the media?"

"I don't know how this thing got blown out of proportion," Sanford said.

Sanford said he has taken adventure trips for years to unwind. He has visited such places as the coast of Turkey, the Greek Isles and South America. He was with friends sometimes and sometimes by himself.

"I would get out of the bubble I am in," Sanford said. More here:

Yeah ... sure ... sometimes I plan on going hiking and then, out of the blue, I decide Buenos Aires ... you know ... by myself ... without telling my wife or staff. Then I just hang out by myself ... for a week. I do it all the time ... gets me out of the bubble ... very relaxing. No big deal. Nothing more to know here ... everything makes perfect sense ... move along.

LMAO - 20 minutes after I wrote this blog post, look what shows up on Drudge.

Gov. Mark Sanford admitted today that his secret trip to Argentina over Father's Day weekend was to visit a woman he is having an affair with. More here:
Gee, who would have thunk it. Quite the mystery. Way to go, Republican jackasses. Give the media more ammo with which to smear conservatives. I mean, WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT thinks ... AS GOVERNOR ... you can just disappear for a week or so without anyone getting suspicious. Must have been some good pussy.

4 comments:

jules said...

I don't know how this thing got blown out of proportion. Oh I don't know, maybe it's the fact that a major political figure just up and disappears.

ragweed said...

When I first heard the story of him being in Argentina, I said " There is a woman involved". What's with the e-mails are all these politician's dumb?

Buck : =) said...

One would only have to wonder how the Argentina woman looks to put so much of one family, job and career down the drain.

Anonymous said...

maybe she is smart and a great cook

Post a Comment