Monday, June 29, 2009

Congressman talketh sense

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) had a few choice words about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) landmark climate-change bill after its passage Friday.

When asked why he read portions of the cap-and-trade bill on the floor Friday night, Boehner told The Hill, "Hey, people deserve to know what's in this pile of s--t." More here:

By the way, My congressman voted against the TARP (one of only 10 Democrats to do so, ) voted against the bailouts, and he just voted against the idiot "Global Warming" bill. Of course, Democrats didn't want to call it the global warming bill so instead, they named it "The American Clean Energy and Security Act" ... cuz ... who could vote against that ... right?

Anyway, I went to check on how my congressman voted ... all ready to send him a brutal letter ... and SHOCKER ... he voted against it. He often votes against the Democrats and I used to be consistently surprised when he did ... but not so much anymore. I went ahead and sent him a letter thanking him for his votes on those issues and telling him I wish he would support the fair tax.

Anyway, if you give a half a damn how your congressman voted, you can click
here. If you don't give a damn, get off my blog and stay off, jackass.

1 comment:

GWK said...

My congressman normally votes the same as your, EK. Not this time. Here is the email I sent him over the weekend:

"Dear Congressman Flake:

I am one of your constituents, and have happily voted for you in the past.

I contacted your office, via telephone, late in the week of 6/22/09. I spoke with a gentleman who answered your phone line. I expressed my wish that you vote NO for the Cap & Trade bill, being voted on 6/26/09. I was assured by your representative that you were indeed going to vote NO for the largest tax increase to the American public in our country's history.

From your website:

"Washington, D.C., Jun 26 - Republican Congressman Jeff Flake, who represents Arizona’s Sixth District, today criticized House Democrats for bringing a cap and trade bill to the House floor.

“The last thing a fragile economy needs is a new energy tax, yet that’s essentially what this cap and trade bill is,” said Flake. “This bill is more about generating revenue for the federal government than it is about addressing climate change.”

Unfortunately, Congressman Flake was unable to vote on the bill due to a family obligation. Had he been able to vote today, he would have voted against it. Unless the bill is changed substantially, Congressman Flake will vote against the cap and trade conference report when it comes back to the House.

Unfortunately, your actions did not match your words, and your 'dis-claimer' does not make things better. I am very saddended and upset by your lack of action re this most-important decision for our Country.

You were elected to serve the people of Arizona, and I feel you let many of us down, not only in Arizona, but the entire U.S., as well, by not casting a NO vote, as I was assured you would, not only on the phone, but from your website, as well. I understand you have family, however, when you took office, we became your extended family, too, and by VOTING you into office, we expect you will VOTE for our beliefs and concerns.

I do not see the opportunity you claim you will have, to vote against the cap and trade conference report when it comes back to the House. If that does occur, hopefully, your words will match your actions that time around.

Sadly, if you do not have that 2nd opportunity to vote NO, I will not be voting for you in the future, as I feel you let our Country down, in an ever-so-close issue, where your vote could have made a difference."

Post a Comment