I'm bothered by two issues on this topic. 1. FOX is the only network providing unbiased coverage of these Tea Parties. 2. CNN and MSNBC are behaving like a bunch of frat boys in their coverage by not only calling these gatherings "Tea Bag Parties" (google "tea bagging" if you don't know what it is) but also smirking while including excessive sexual innuendoes while commentating. (Again, search YouTube for numerous videos on this topic).
In the video below, this CNN reporter goes so far as to argue with the protestors. Maybe it's just me, but I'll take news that's reported and do my own thinking. I find news people who tell me what to think as unsanitary as someone putting words in my mouth (hat tip to oldjimb). Not only does this reporter argue with demonstrators (waste of time if you ask me), but she also draws on archaic and irrelevant facts in attempting to back up her case. My favorite part is where she gets dressed down by a dowdy old soccer mom.
Here are some key statements to watch for:
- First CNN defends her position by saying that she's not biased and that she's just been talking to people holding signs. SM (Soccer Mom) responds by saying "I don't have a sign... you talked to him [gestures to the man to her right], he's not holding a sign..." Of course, CNN swiftly changes the subject because they're clearly not holding signs and her arguments clearly aren't holding water.
- CNN: "I think you get the general tenor of this... uh... anti-government, anti-CNN since this is highly promoted by the right-wing, conservative network, FOX and since I can't really hear much more and since this isn't exactly family-viewing, I'll toss it back to you..." (also since I floundering in my own frying pan and can't succeed in making anyone look dumber than me)
- CNN: "What group are you with that brought you out here?" (sorry, CNN, no conspiracy here)
SM: "I'm not with any group, I'm a suburban self-employed woman- I don't have a group.
- CNN: "No, I mean how did you find out about it then?" (come on, just show me your papers)
SM: "Oh, it's all over the news... it's all.. everywhere."
CNN: "Oh so it's not online or... oh... yeah... right." (So what if it is online? Do you hate it because you don't control it?)
SM: "Yeah- it's all over... what do you think the internet is for? Are you trying to play stupid?" (I don't think she's playing anything).
CNN: "You know- you really don't need to be so antagonistic." (while bobbing her head derisively like a teenager and in spite of the fact that she's has only been antagonistic for the duration of the video)
SM: "Well we have been watching what you're doing here and it's not fair!" - Then CNN tries to argue that if you look at the majority of the people holding signs, they're all republicans. At this point, SM turns her around and within 2 feet of her head is a large sign stating that "Republicans SUCK". Of course, CNN couldn't see that because it was "out of my field of view".
(Hat tip to Bunk Strutts, Knee Kick to CNN)
From Wombat's blog:
1 comment:
Michelle Malkin has an update:
"CNN forced the takedown of behind-the-scenes video shot by Andrew Marcus of Founding Bloggers and posted to YouTube. Founding Bloggers has sent and published an open letter to the cable network requesting that the video (which has aired on other TV networks without retribution) be restored."
She reposted the video with story here:
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/20/cnns-cover-up-and-fair-use-abuse/
Post a Comment