Saturday, January 31, 2009

Don't accuse Pelosi of partisanship

With the focus on the economic stimulus package shifting to the Senate, the partisan split evident with the Democrat-only passage of the stimulus bill in the House overshadowed a lot of the discussions on both sides of the aisle today. So much so that various leaders were practically disowning the word bipartisanship as if deadly germs were part of its etymology.

When Mrs. Pelosi was asked whether the vote — 244 to 188 without a single Republican’s approval — represented a failure on her part to advance President Obama’s desire for a broad bipartisan bill, she practically snapped:

“I didn’t come here to be partisan. I didn’t come here to be bipartisan. I came here, as did my colleagues, to be nonpartisan, to work for the American people, to do what is in their interest. More here:

Sure she's non-partisan. Just like Harry Reid, her cohort in the Senate.

And since she's been Speaker, how many Republican bills have been allowed to the house floor for a vote?

And since Reid has been in charge of the Senate, exactly how many times has he allowed an up or down vote when Democrats filibustered judicial nominees?

I'd say that number was exactly the same for both questions - ZERO. Way to be "non-partisan," Nancy. You too, Harry. Always doing what's best for America, in a non-partisan way.

Conversely, prepare for every single Obama nominee (judicial or otherwise) to sail through the Senate. Now we can live with liberal judges for another generation. Perfect.

When the Republicans had the majority, the Democrats filibustered almost every judicial appointee Bush made. So the Republicans were going to change the Senate rules to stop it. Guess what happened. McCain (and his gang of 14) blocked the Republicans from changing the rules. McCain said he got the Democrats to promise to stop filibustering. Result? The Democrats filibustered, the Republicans got very few judicial nominees thru, and now the Democrats are in charge.

I wonder if the Republicans are going to filibuster Obama's nominees. I'm guessing they don't have enough Republicans (unless they ALL stick together) to make a filibuster work. if they do, I give the Dipshitocrats about 2 weeks before they change the rules on the Republicans. Way to go, McCain, you jackass. No wonder you lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment