Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Duped again WOW a real shocker

NEW YORK -- The New York Times admitted Monday it published a fake letter purportedly from the mayor of Paris criticizing Caroline Kennedy's bid for a U.S. Senate seat as "appalling" and "not very democratic."

In a note posted Monday on its Web site, the Times said the letter signed by Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe was a fake and should not have been published because it violated the paper's standards and procedures for publishing signed letters.

"We have already expressed our regrets to Mr. Delanoe's office and we are now doing the same to you, our readers," the Times said.

News of the hoax was first reported by France-Amerique, which published its story on its Web site Monday.

Who buys that rag anyway, and I suppose we will be bailing them out at some time in the near future?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...it violated the paper's standards and procedures ..."

Standards at the New York Times? My first laugh of the day.

Anonymous said...

Also, didn't the New York Times make fun of Sarah Palin and imply that she's every kind of a stupid bitch for falling for a fake phone call from the President of France? Yes, I think they did.

Of course, if you have the memory of a liberal, you won't recall this.

WOMBAT said...

The truth is that they RARELY follow their standards and procedures. It's just that they usually don't get caught.

Anonymous said...

Yes Klown, you are right about the Palin thing, I just did not include in this piece so it would not be so long, but thanks for bringing it up.

WOMBAT said...

I wish I had thought of the Palin thing. Klown is so smart.

Post a Comment