Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good ol' Berkeley


Found this video at Zombie's page: The video may have been made by "The Daily Californian, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there's plenty more at that link, along with the usual sublime commentary from the Zombie. I love him/her.

You know, I used to live in Berkeley, and I encountered this kind of crap all the time. If not in Berkeley then just across the bay in San Francisco when my business took me over there.

At the time, I viewed it with great amusement ... like a little street show or something. If I was busy, I'd just keep going with my business, but if I wasn't, I'd stop to watch for a while ... the peeps hollering at each other and so forth ... take a seat on a bench or lean up against a wall, nibble on my waffle cone (or whatever) and just watch.

The whole time thinking, "these peeps are out of the twilight zone, out of a hippie time long gone ... and yet, here they are, entertaining me for free ... what a great place to live ... a blessing from God that all the idiot whack-jobs are centrally located for my benefit." Of course, if I had guests in town, they always got a HUGE kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment