Thursday, August 28, 2008

The ironing is delicious

So I've been getting an email about every other day since I signed up for the free Obama button. Here's one of them. I removed some of the information (and links) just to keep things anonymous. I'll block them as soon as I get my button.

This year's election is the single most important in decades—and with the Democratic convention happening this week, the campaign is really heating up.

With the race basically tied and fewer than 70 days to go, we're counting on thousands of MoveOn members like you to help Barack Obama win.

This weekend you can make a big difference: the Obama campaign is organizing Weekend of Action events to register and mobilize as many voters as possible, and there's one happening near you.

No experience is required. You'll be provided with all the materials and help you need.

Here are the details:

What: Canvass and Voter Registration
Where: Democratic Party Headquarters
When: Saturday, Aug. 30, 2008, at XX:00 AM

Click here to RSVP:

Or, if that one doesn't work for you, click here to find another event (they're happening all weekend):

Don't worry if you've never done any of this kind of volunteering before—talking to voters isn't hard. And there will be some folks at your event who are old pros and can walk you through it if you're nervous.

Barack Obama is bringing millions of new people into the political process. Along with other progressive groups like the Sierra Club, SEIU, and AFL-CIO, we're joining with the Obama campaign to help win back the White House—and lay the groundwork for real change next year on Iraq, health care, energy, and more.

With the race this close, we need to work doubly hard to make sure everyone who supports Obama gets to the polls on Election Day. But if we start now—registering voters, knocking on doors, making phone calls—we can win a victory we'll be telling our children and grandchildren about for years. Keep dreaming, jackasses.

Can you be there to help kick off our campaign to elect Obama? Just click here to RSVP:

Thanks for all you do.

– Braying, Jack, Ass, and the rest of the team

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 3.2 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

As a side note, I watched some clips of the convention on the news. They actually sang "Give peace a chance." It was hysterical. LMAO, dumbass hippies.

4 comments:

WOMBAT said...

lol@"as soon as I get my button". You're not getting a button you stupid donkey. You got used... and for a button. I guess we all have our price.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the old Button Button, who gots the button con huh

Anonymous said...

Button I dont need no stinking button

Anonymous said...

But what if I DO get a button. That'll be crazy -- CRAZY EXCITING.

Post a Comment