Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Impartial media forgets party affilitaion

Excerpts from Newsbusters:

For some reason, MSNBC's Pete Williams left out the party affiliation of Louisiana's Rep. William Jefferson (D) in this March 31 item at the First Read blog:

Yes -- "For some reason" - but what could it be? Prolly just an oversight.

In something of a surprise, the U.S. Supreme Court today declined to hear an appeal involving the FBI's unprecedented search of the Capitol Hill offices of Congressman William Jefferson.

A federal appeals court ruled that the FBI wrongly used its own agents look through the material seized to determine what might be covered by congressional privilege. This is a considerable victory for Jefferson, largely validating his objections to the search and giving him certain bragging rights. But prosecutors claim they have sufficient evidence independent of the search. The cash in his freezer, for example, was found well before Jefferson's offices were searched.


They caught the dirtbag with $90,000 crisp in his freezer. Big deal -- that doesn't prove anything -- EVERYONE keeps $90,000 crisp in the freezer. They're going to have to do better than that.

I love how he claims innocence though -- and then fights all the way to the Supreme Court to block incriminating evidence from finding its way to a jury. Why doesn't he say "I demand to prove my innocence. I DEMAND you search my office. Do it thoroughly so I can clear my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment