
T'was this kind of plane -- Cessna Citation
A WITNESS told last night how he looked into the despairing eyes of the pilot before his plane ploughed into a house.
People on the ground also saw the faces of terrified passengers at the stricken executive jet’s windows as it screamed low overhead.
Dad-of-four Jason Murrell, 39, said: “I saw it coming straight at us. I looked into the eyes of the pilot and a female passenger.
“I thought it was going to hit our house and kill us — looking up I could see the terror in the passengers’ eyes as they whizzed past.
“The plane was so close you could see the panic on their faces.
“The pilot was struggling to bank away from our house and a terrified woman was staring straight at me. I’ll never forget that sight.”
Tom Walker, 16, said: “I could see people in the plane looking terrified. It was coming in way too low, then all of a sudden the tail end of the plane dipped. We knew it was going down.
“The aircraft then flipped over on its side, as if the pilot was trying to dodge something.
“He would have known by then he was doomed but he was obviously trying not to hit houses.”
Gary Walcraft, 16, was one of about 20 people playing football on a playing field when he saw the jet heading for them.
He said: “I could see someone in the plane waving frantically at us to get out of the way but at the last second he gained a little height. I could see them grappling with the controls.
“You could make out two people in the cockpit, fighting to pull up. They didn’t stand a chance.” More here:
Uh -- 2 people in the cockpit fighting to pull up? The Klown has serious doubts about this. If he truly did see two peeps fighting the controls then I see the pilot trying to put the nose down to get a little bit of control -- and a panicked passenger fighting him for the controls -- trying to pull up -- stalling it and kaboom -- this makes more sense to me.
People on the ground also saw the faces of terrified passengers at the stricken executive jet’s windows as it screamed low overhead.
Dad-of-four Jason Murrell, 39, said: “I saw it coming straight at us. I looked into the eyes of the pilot and a female passenger.
“I thought it was going to hit our house and kill us — looking up I could see the terror in the passengers’ eyes as they whizzed past.
“The plane was so close you could see the panic on their faces.
“The pilot was struggling to bank away from our house and a terrified woman was staring straight at me. I’ll never forget that sight.”
Tom Walker, 16, said: “I could see people in the plane looking terrified. It was coming in way too low, then all of a sudden the tail end of the plane dipped. We knew it was going down.
“The aircraft then flipped over on its side, as if the pilot was trying to dodge something.
“He would have known by then he was doomed but he was obviously trying not to hit houses.”
Gary Walcraft, 16, was one of about 20 people playing football on a playing field when he saw the jet heading for them.
He said: “I could see someone in the plane waving frantically at us to get out of the way but at the last second he gained a little height. I could see them grappling with the controls.
“You could make out two people in the cockpit, fighting to pull up. They didn’t stand a chance.” More here:
Uh -- 2 people in the cockpit fighting to pull up? The Klown has serious doubts about this. If he truly did see two peeps fighting the controls then I see the pilot trying to put the nose down to get a little bit of control -- and a panicked passenger fighting him for the controls -- trying to pull up -- stalling it and kaboom -- this makes more sense to me.
1 comment:
Thanks to articles like this one, people have the same look of terror on their faces during a normal, uneventful landing. Pilots promote the distribution of these articles to enforce the idea that their jobs are super important.
I know, I know, it's very difficult to fly a plane. Get back to me after flying a serious machine- you know- one that goes outside the earth's atmosphere.
wombat, NASA, astronaut
Post a Comment