WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Having long played down the idea that she might someday run for president, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Friday said she had no plans to serve as a vice president either.
There has been speculation that Republican presidential front-runner Sen. John McCain of Arizona might tap Rice as his running mate.
"I have always said that the one thing that I have not seen myself doing is running for elected office," Rice said at a news conference. "I didn't even run for high school president. It's sort of not in my genes."
There has been speculation that Republican presidential front-runner Sen. John McCain of Arizona might tap Rice as his running mate.
"I have always said that the one thing that I have not seen myself doing is running for elected office," Rice said at a news conference. "I didn't even run for high school president. It's sort of not in my genes."
I'd feel a lot better about voting for John McCain if he'd pick someone like Rice for VP. We need someone who ignores the media. Maybe Dick Cheney could teach her to sneer at them.
No comments:
Post a Comment