Few at the Norfolk Superior Court house in Dedham disputed that the worn and uneven front steps needed fixing. But when a judge in his late 60s tripped on them and broke his left kneecap more than three years ago, neither the state nor the county wanted to take responsibility for the condition of the steps.Now the judge, Paul A. Chernoff, is suing both the state and the county to determine who is at fault.
Chernoff, who is about to retire, wants to know which party will cover his future medical bills if he develops arthritis in the damaged knee or requires a knee replacement. More here:
Yes -- who is "at fault?" I think the culprit is around here somewhere -- if we could just figure out the responsible party. I'll bet they won't even fight the suit because it will cost more than he's asking to defend it. Now -- if tort reform were enacted and he had to pay if he lost -- and he had to prove he wasn't negligent, he would never file the suit. (After all, he said the steps were dangerous -- and he should know after working there for so long -- so why wasn't he taking proper and prudent care?)
This type of bullshit has ruined our country and I'm so tired of these thieves I could go mental. What tells me he was a slip & fall lawyer before becoming a slip and fall judge.
No comments:
Post a Comment