Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shut your trap, jackass

From The Grodner Effect:



An elected official charged with falsely claiming he earned the military's highest honor has filed a motion to dismiss the federal case against him on free speech grounds.

The motion argues that the Stolen Valor Act of 2005, under which water board member Xavier Alvarez was charged, is incompatible with the First Amendment because it restricts free speech by criminalizing false claims of military honors.

Alvarez, an elected representative to the Three Valleys Municipal Water District, said last year at a water district meeting that he was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his deeds as a Marine. More here:

What a dipshit. He was never even in the service. I wonder what his punishment will be.

The Klown speculates this guy was running down the war in Iraq, or Presidink Bush, or something similar and used his "Medal of Honor" to justify his positions -- of course, I could be wrong -- but I rarely am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe you will be proved right but do not expect the objective journalists to let you know

Post a Comment