Voters defeated the sweeping measures Sunday by a vote of 51 percent to 49 percent, said Tibisay Lucena, chief of the National Electoral Council, with voter turnout at just 56 percent.
Echoing words he spoke when as an army officer he was captured and jailed for leading a failed 1992 coup, he said: "For now, we couldn't."
Yes -- "For now" -- I'm guessing we haven't heard the end of him -- but, for the record, I no longer care about the idiots in Venezuela -- if they can only turn out 56% of their people to vote on something as big as this -- fuck them -- they deserve to be treated like doormats.
Now -- if I were a rich person in Venezuela, I would be making my escape plans right NOW. Sell and get the hell out before Chavez "shares" my stuff -- and many already have.
Here's a recent headline from the New York Times -- One of the top enemies of capitalism:
Chávez’s Vision Shares Wealth and Centers Power
Uh, s'cuse me, but -- "SHARING" is when one person does have something and "SHARES" it (voluntarily) with another.
"Robbery" is when one person doesn't have something and "TAKES" it (by force) from another.
The commie "vision" of "REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH" is just robbery by the government -- nothing more. I love how the NYT calls it "sharing" though -- cuz if they rename robbery, people will believe them.
What's that you say? America's founding fathers studied Aristotle? Really? You mean Aristotle wrote about this and concluded that communism (and also true democracy - aka "mob rule") wasn't really the best way to freedom?
Wow -- someone really should inform the NYT -- you know -- so they can let the people know. I'm sure they'd want to let the people know this -- front page -- day after day -- you know -- for the good and education of the American people.
Unless, of course, the NYT disagreed with Aristotle -- thought they were smarter than Aristotle -- perhaps then they'd promote communism day after day -- redefine words like "sharing" and so forth. Rat bastards.
1 comment:
Aw yes this is one of the reasons the NYT's is doing so well errrr
Post a Comment