Spitting hatred, thousands of hardline Islamists called for British teacher Gillian Gibbons to be shot yesterday.They streamed out of mosques in the Sudanese capital, Khartoum, shouting: "Kill her, kill her, kill her by firing squad."
One man brandished a giant sword, others carried axes, clubs, ceremonial swords and knives. (Uh-- ceremonial? -- what "ceremony? Melon-lopping?")
"I still cannot believe this," she said, "Never in my life would I have ever thought I would be accused of deliberately insulting someone or something. I am simply not like that.
The divorced mother of two, who began working in Khartoum in August, added: "I just feel so sad. I came to Sudan looking forward to things going smoothly and safely. Now it's all over for me and I will be sent home. It has been a nightmare.
(Sent home? She wants to stay? -- Holy brain-block Batman.)
"It was my dream to come here so why should I have come and then insulted Islam?
"If I was that type of person I would have never come in the first place or I could have done that sort of thing in London or Liverpool."
Protesters, who had heard hardline sermons at Friday prayers, waved banners proclaiming "Punishment, punishment, punishment", and chanted: "Shame, shame on the UK" and "No tolerance - execution."
Others yelled: "No one lives who insults the prophet."
Can you even imagine someone saying this?
Hundreds of police looked on but did nothing to disrupt the protest, a clear indication, observers said, that it had been condoned by the fundamentalist government.
Western journalists and observers were told to leave after demonstrators headed towards them, moving their hands across their throats in a gesture of execution. More here:
Hardline clerics, who hold considerable influence with the government, have sought to whip up public anger, calling her action part of a Western plot to damage Islam.
Funny -- I don't find "Long-knife-wielding, bloodthirsty, uneducated, filthy-assed shitforbrains in that definition anywhere ... yet the press loves to call them "clerics."
Hey -- AMERICAN PRESS JACKASSES - these people aren't "hardline clerics" -- they are fucking radical extremists who would kill you at the drop of a turban. Got me? And they entice their "followers" to feel the same way -- start calling them what they are.
I believe the killing has not even begun --- but when it does begin, oh man.
No comments:
Post a Comment