Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One word conspicuously missing

Paris suburb riots called 'a lot worse' than in 2005

PARIS: The rituals and acts of rage have an eerie sameness to them: roving gangs of angry youths clashing with the riot police in France's edgy suburbs, the government appealing for calm, local officials and residents complaining that their problems are ignored.

Two years after an orgy of violence in which rioters in more than 300 suburbs and towns torched cars, trashed businesses and ambushed the riot police and firefighters, Villiers-le-Bel and several nearby suburbs of Paris similarly have erupted in violence and destruction.

In one sense, the unrest seems to be more menacing than during the early days of the three weeks of rioting in 2005. Then, the youth seemed disorganized, their destruction largely caused by rock-throwing and arson and aimed at the closest and easiest targets, like cars. This time, hunting shotguns, as well as gasoline bombs and rocks, have been turned on the police.

"From what our colleagues on the scene tell us, this is a situation that is a lot worse than what we saw in 2005," Patrice Ribeiro, a police officer and senior union official, told RTL radio Tuesday. He added, "A line was crossed last night, that is to say, they used weapons, they used weapons and fired on the police. This is a real guerrilla war."

Ribeiro warned that the police, who have struggled to avoid excessive force, would not be fired upon indefinitely without responding. The rest here:

Yes -- well -- two things:

1 - You didn't do shit to them the last time they rioted. In fact, there were some neighborhoods the cops refused to go into ... and I don't blame them ... they're not allowed to stop rioters ... or anyone else ... they're only allowed to ask nicely, I guess.

Anyway -- now everyone is surprised when it's worse this time. I'd love to see the look of stupor and wonder on these people's faces when the sun comes up every morning.
I often wonder how entire masses of people can be so fucking stupid and let the media and the political-correctness crowd lead them like cows over cliffs.

2 - I read the entire two pages of this article -- and nowhere does it mention the word "Muslim." I guess it's a big secret that the rioters are Muslims. The media doesn't want you to know or you'll jump to the wrong conclusion (i.e. the conclusion THEY don't want you to come to) -- you know -- cuz you're just a big, lumbering, jackass of a dipshit who can't think for him/herself.

Hey Klown -- how do you know they're Muslims?

Well -- I suspected it when I noticed the media had left out any description of these peeps except "youths." So I googled 'er. Here's just ONE of the links I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment