Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mixed up tattoo

From Nothing to do with Arbroath:

A Poole woman who thought she had "Mum" tattooed in Chinese symbols on her back has spoken of her shock at being told it actually read "Friend Come Hell."

Mum-of-one Charlene Williams, of Canford Heath, had the tattoo done on her lower back four years ago.
The 19-year-old was perfectly happy with the three-symbol design until last week when it was spotted by a Chinese woman.

She said: "I was just bending over to my little girl and this woman came in and started screaming Evil, evil - very bad!' She added: "It was awful. I can laugh now but at the time I was fuming. For four years I was walking around with that.

"I'm upset as well as angry because it was for my mum. And it was just such a shock when this lady started saying Evil' at me."

Yes -- are you SURE it doesn't say "Friend cum here?" -- I mean it IS in the small of her back. Do I have to solve EVERYTHING?

1 comment:

DIIYO said...

This reminds me of an hipster chickie with whom I used to work. She had a tatoo on the back of her neck in purportedly Japanese characters.

I asked her what it said so that no matter what her response was, I could say "are you sure about that?".

Unfortunately for me, my thunder was stolen when she told me "it means 'angel'". All I could do was mutter to myself "but... that's... a... Christian... concept".

Of course any tattoo... on the back of your neck... or the back of your ass, might as well say "dumbass"... in any language you choose.

Post a Comment