Duke's highly ranked lacrosse team was initially vilified, as Nifong - in his first political campaign for district attorney - told voters he wouldn't allow Durham to become known for "a bunch of lacrosse players from Duke raping a black girl." He won indictments against the three players, but it soon became clear Nifong's evidence was pitifully weak.
The North Carolina State Bar disciplinary committee later concluded Nifong manipulated the case to boost his chances at the ballot box, adding he continued to pursue it even when it was apparent the defendants were innocent.
"Do I feel sorry for him? I feel sorry for his family," said defense attorney Joseph Cheshire, who represented Evans. "I think what he did was willful and intentional and damaged seriously this state and the lives of these boys and their families. I don't feel sorry for Mike Nifong. Sorry if that sounds cruel, but I don't."
Superior Court Judge W. Osmond Smith III could have sentenced Nifong, who had already been stripped of his law license and had resigned from office, to as many as 30 days in jail and given him a fine as high as $500. Instead, he opted for a largely symbolic punishment (one day in jail) - the public humiliation of sending a prosecutor to jail - that he said would help protect the integrity of the justice system. (Oh spare me) More here:
Hmmmm -- The Klown is not satisfied. Having been involved in SEVERAL litigations, the Klown knows what a huge pain-in-the-ass it is. Having to go to attorney's offices -- answering interrogatories -- giving depositions under oath -- then doing it over and over again for the same case -- the threat of "knew or should have known" hanging over your head all the time -- piece of shit lawyers (Mike Nifong) trying to trip you up on any little thing -- worrying for months and months -- not sleeping well -- I COULD GO ON AND ON.
The point is -- being involved in a lawsuit is an all-encompassing, all-consuming, activity that continues for months and months and sometimes years and years (in this case -- I think it was about a year.) GET IT? YOUR LIFE IS PUT ON HOLD UNTIL THE SUIT IS FINISHED.
And then they give the guy one fucking day in jail?? One fucking day? Sorry folks -- our justice system is broken and needs serious reform.
Oh -- but KLown -- he lost his law license!!
LOST HIS LAW LICENSE?? Well the Klown might be satisfied with that if the law license was made out of sharp-edged diamonds about the size of a pool ball -- and then they rammed it up his ass twice a day for a year -- cuz that's about what the Klown feels during the time a lawsuit is going on.
Nifong? If I were in charge, I'd beat the teeth out of your head with a hammer, make a necklace out of them and put it on the pelt I made out of the top layer of your skin -- then I'd hang that over the courthouse to remind the other scumbags what happinks to shysters who continue to railroad citizens, even when they know the citizen is innocent. -- JACKASS.
Yes -- forget about Vlad, The Impaler and fear Klown, The Peltmaker.
No comments:
Post a Comment