Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nice haircut, jackass

From the J-Walk Blog:

I don't think I could eat even one ounce: Bertoletti captures 'world grits' title.

Yankees beat out Southerners for the top spots in what was billed as the first World Grits Eating Championship at Louisiana Downs on Saturday.

Pat Bertoletti, a mohawk-sporting chef from Chicago, gulped down 21 pounds of buttery, goopy blandness in 10 minutes to win $4,000.

The grits were presented in 2-pound trays, each about 8 inches by 6 inches and 1 inches deep, said Ryan Nerz, a spokesman for Major League Eating. He said he half expected to see Bertoletti, one of the top gobblers on the competitive eating circuit, topple over.

Bertoletti, in a statement, said the competition "tested our stomach capacity like no other."

21 pounds? FUCK ME TO TEARS!!! Even my buddy, JF would be doomed in that contest ... unless .... unless ... he might have a chance if they let him put some ketchup on 'er.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't eat grits with ketchup on them. Now if you are talking about fried potatoes oh yea give me a shot at that - JF

Post a Comment