Seattle P-I Editor: 'We Get to Decide What Is News and What Isn't'
By Bill Hobbs August 24, 2007 - 09:13 ET
(Seattle Post-Intelligencer?? -- Didn't the Klown just kick their ass a few days ago for that stupid editorial they had about "You can tell a Bush supporter cuz they look stupid"?)
Seattle Post-Intelligencer Managing Editor David McCumber has posted a blog item defending his decision to not run the photos of the two ferry passengers the FBI is seeking in order to question them about their suspicious activities on several Seattle-area ferries in recent weeks.
McCumber says the paper didn't consider the photos news-worthy.
I certainly have plenty of feedback to consider from the ferry photo issue as we go forward.
I understand that people have a hard time with the concept that we get to decide what is news and what isn't, and what is fair and what isn't.
Several people have basically told me I didn't have the right to withhold the photos of the individuals the FBI want to identify. One person even said, "You have a responsibility to obey all FBI directives."
That's not the way a free press works.
Here's the rest of the article:
By Bill Hobbs August 24, 2007 - 09:13 ET
(Seattle Post-Intelligencer?? -- Didn't the Klown just kick their ass a few days ago for that stupid editorial they had about "You can tell a Bush supporter cuz they look stupid"?)
Seattle Post-Intelligencer Managing Editor David McCumber has posted a blog item defending his decision to not run the photos of the two ferry passengers the FBI is seeking in order to question them about their suspicious activities on several Seattle-area ferries in recent weeks.
McCumber says the paper didn't consider the photos news-worthy.
I certainly have plenty of feedback to consider from the ferry photo issue as we go forward.
I understand that people have a hard time with the concept that we get to decide what is news and what isn't, and what is fair and what isn't.
Several people have basically told me I didn't have the right to withhold the photos of the individuals the FBI want to identify. One person even said, "You have a responsibility to obey all FBI directives."
That's not the way a free press works.
Here's the rest of the article:
Take it from the Klown -- the liberals and the liberal press are working as hard as they possibly can to get you and/or your friends killed.
By the way -- here's the pic the jackass refuses to put in his newspaper.

1 comment:
All The newspapers are good for is the special dinner coupons. Nobody actually reads them anymore do they? (Maybe some of the Libs continue to read their dribble)
Post a Comment