Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Reason for Muslim attack on Ft Dix unclear

From the New York Times:

It is unclear what role, if any, religion played in the attack Mr. Shnewer and the five other men are charged with planning. (The sixth suspect, Agron Abdullahu, had no apparent connection with Al-Aqsa or the South Jersey Islamic Center.) The authorities have described the suspects as Islamic extremists, but the lengthy criminal complaint summarizing the F.B.I.’s 15-month undercover investigation of the group does not mention where — or how often — they prayed. Certainly there is no evidence that they picked up radical ideas at either mosque.
-------------------------------------
Yes --- Quite a stumper, I must say. Yes -- a real class-A mystery .... you know .... if you're a brainless writer for the New York Times. (Or any objective jourrrrrrnalist, for that matter)
-------------------------------------

1 comment:

DIIYO said...

Well, in truth, so-called radical islamists don't have much to do with religion either. Islam is a religion of peace. Unfortunately, it's also a religion of poverty and abstinence from pleasurable activities. Therein lies the problem.

Not all muslims are radical islamists, but all radical islamists are muslims. They channel the unhappiness created by their religion and funnel it toward "non-belivers". Their goal is not to build but to destroy. It's the classic case of "if I can't have it, nobody else can either", or worse, "he's got something I don't so I'm going to take it away".

Either way, we really don't need to be condemning Muslims in general, but we sure do need to stop acting like they're just like the rest of us. They need to be watched... and watched closely.

Post a Comment